Author: Anita Gotić
Date of Publication: 19/02/2023
Robots are automatically controlled machines that perform work instead of humans. So, robots are tools that can feel, think, plan and act independently. In addition to performing tasks independently, they can also extend human ability and imitate human actions. In fact, when we imagine robots, we think that they are machines that look like humans and they are called "androids". However, today there are many other types of robots in the world.
Types of robots:
● Space Exploration
Although the concept of robots has been around for many years, they have become increasingly important in the last few decades. This means that we could see an increase in the use of robots in everyday activities in the future.So, robots will be in our everyday life and this will seem completely normal.
Future Impact of Robots: Advantages and Disadvantages
Robots have the potential to greatly change our future in many different ways, both positively and negatively. In particular, some of the ways in which robots might change the future include:
● Increased productivity: Robots can automate many tasks and perform them more
efficiently than humans. Therefore, this can lead to increased productivity and
● Job displacement: While robots can increase productivity, they can also displace
human workers. Particularly this can happen in industries such as manufacturing and
● Robots eliminate dangerous jobs for humans because they are capable of working in dangerous environments.
● Space exploration
● Service and Hospitality: Robots may be used in the service industry to perform tasks such as taking orders, delivering food and cleaning.
● Environmental sustainability: Robots can also monitor and clean up the
environment, as well as reduce energy usage.
● Improved healthcare: Robots could also play a significant role in the future of
healthcare. For example, they can assist doctors and nurses in performing surgeries
and other medical procedures.
● Better quality of life: Robots could also make our daily lives easier by performing
household chores, supporting the elderly and disabled.
On the other hand, there are also disadvantages in the introduction of robots into our daily lives.
● High cost: Robots can be expensive to purchase, maintain and repair, especially for small businesses.
● Job displacement: Robots can replace human workers, leading to job loss and
● Technical difficulties: Robots can malfunction or break down, leading to production downtime and loss of efficiency.
● Lack of flexibility: Robots are designed to perform specific tasks and they may not be able to adapt to new situations or changes in their environment.
● Difficulty in understanding and communicating with humans: Robots lack the
emotional intelligence and empathy of humans. So, this will make it difficult for them
to understand and communicate with people.
Overall, talking about the future impact of robots, they are our future. Their power will depend on how society chooses to use them. If we use robots wisely, they have the potential to greatly improve our lives and solve some of the world´s biggest challenges. However, if we are not careful, they could also lead to new problems and unintended consequences.